CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hair Experiment

I have been reading alot about washing your hair with baking soda and cider vinegar and how much better it is for your hair than all of the chemicals found in regular shampoo. Now, I absolutely HATE HATE to have dirty, greasy hair so this concept is as foreign to me as Mandarin. I like to have squeaky, good smelling hair that is easy to comb through. But, I would also like to have hair that is easy to style, which this no shampoo approach is supposed to remedy. Apparently, the lack of chemicals cleans your hair better, leaving it in a more natural state, allowing for curls to be curlier etc. Problem is, I don't have any curl and very little wave, so I am thinking this is going to leave an oil slick for a style. Lots of people have good luck with this, and since I don't work, I figured I would give it a try. This is the first day with the soda/vinegar alternative. There is no lathering, which is the part of the process that I love the most, and no smell, until you add the vinegar. So, I got the job done but figured that combing would be a real mess. I was wrong, combing was just fine. My hair felt nice, actually. Hubby thought it looked really good too. Here is a picture of day 1.
Photobucket

The wonderful stylist I have, read my blog! Horror! I thought she would tell me to bust out the shampoo but... I was wrong! She doesn't wash everyday and has great hair. I am hoping mine will look as good as hers. I'm not holding my breath because she didn't offer to come over every day and help me style it and everyone knows I can't do anything with my hair... I love her anyway, though.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Do you normally have oily hair? I've been doing pretty good of going every other day,but I think that's because I've given up and wear my hair up every day of the week. Keep me updated on the process and maybe I'll give it a go. Lord knows I need as much help with this mop as possible!